March 5, 2021 at 15:00, REC “Green Academy” together with the Almaty University of Power Engineering and Telecommunications named Gumarbek Daukeyev and the Ministry of Ecology, Geology and Natural Resources of the Republic of Kazakhstan on the Google Meet discussion platform will host a webinar on the topic “ECONOMIC MECHANISMS FOR DECARBONIZATION OF THE ENERGY SECTOR”.
The purpose of the event is to discuss the economic mechanisms for decarbonization of the energy sector and develop recommendations to the Low Carbon Strategy (Concept) of the Kazakhstan.
Welcome speech will be delivered by:
Mr. Primkulov Akhmetzhan – Vice Minister of Ecology, Geology and Natural Resources of the Republic of Kazakhstan (TBC)
Dr. Holgar Kolley – Permanent Representative of the Ambassador of the Federal Republic of Germany to Kazakhstan
Dr. Sagintayeva Saule – Rector of the Almaty University of Energy and Communications named after Gumarbek Daukeev (AUPET).
The following Speakers will participate:
· Dr. Bakhyt Yessekina, Member of the Green Council under the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Director of the “Green Academy” will present the progress in preparing the Concept of the Republic of Kazakhstan for transition to low-carbon developmenttill 2050;
· Head of the GIZ project “Supporting the Green Economy in Kazakhstan and Central Asia” Dr. Johannes Schumann – on the preliminary results of the development of the Concept of low-carbon development of Kazakhstan;
· Director of Green Finance Center Mr. Kazybaev Aydar will present thestimulating decarbonization projects based on green finance instruments;
· International expert on sustainable development Dr. Yerlik Karazhan – on the principles of ESG and decarbonization of the oil and gas complex;
· Director of the Strategic Department of JSC NC “KazMunayGas” Ms. Aisha Turebayeva will present the KMG’s comprehensive approach to sustainable development;
· Managing Director for Innovation, Deputy Chairman of the Board of the subsidiary of Satbayev University – JSC “STC” Parasat” Mr. Cherniyazdanov Chingiz – on the extraction of coalbed methane from the Karaganda field and its use as an alternative energy source.
On the webinar Representatives of state bodies are expected to participate as speakers – Ministry of Ecology, Geology and Natural Resources of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany in Kazakhstan, NC “KazMunayGas”, STC “Parasat”, academia, business and NGOs, international experts.
Based on the results of the discussion, recommendations to the Low Carbon Strategy (Concept) of the Kazakhstan.
Registration for this event: https://formdesigner.ru/form/view/145394
Date and time: March 5, 2021, 15:- 16.45 h.
Contacts: Madina Salykovna, 87017347758 Laura – 87025475045