May 5 , 2021 , 2- 4.30 p.m. the Academy of Public Administration under the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan together with REC “Green Academy” and EU Delegation in Kazakhstan will held the Round Table on the topic “TRANSITION TO COP-26 AND LOW CARBON REGULATION”.
The purpose of the event is to discuss the global Climate Leader’s Summit results, process of the preparation of the Kazakhstan to COP-26 and develop recommendations to the Government on improvement of the low-carbon regulation in Central Asia region.
Representatives of state bodies are expected to participate as Speakers – Agency for Strategic Planning and Reforms of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Embassy of the Republic of Kazakhstan in UK, EU, World Bank, international experts from WWF, University, business structures and NGOs.
Event moderator – Dr. Bakhyt Yessekina, Member of the Green Council under President of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Green Academy Director. Welcome speech and reports will be delivered by:
- Mr. Zhaslan Madiyev, Deputy Head of the Chief of the ASP RK (TBC)
- Mr. Maciej Madalinski, Head of Political, Press and Information, of the EU Delegation in Kazakhstan
- Dr. Yerlan Abil, Rector of the Academy of Public Administration under President of Kazakhstan
- Mr. John Bryant Collier, Senior Environmental Specialist forCentral Asia , Sector Leader, World Bank
- Dr. Yerlik Karazhan , International Expert on SDGs
- Mr. Daulet Akhmetov, Vice-Charman Kazakhstan Energy Association
- Mr. Ashat Kozhumov, AIFC Avisor/PhD Student of the Academy of Public Administration under President of Kazakhstan.
Based on the results of the discussion, recommendations will be adopted on the further improvement of low carbon regulation in Central Asia countries and development of the regional position towards to COP-26 , including suggestions to the Chapter 6-th of Paris Climate Agreement.
Registration for this event –
Venue: Nur-Sultan, Abay st., 7-th floor, Academy of the Public Administration under President of Kazakhstan
Date and time: May 5, 2021, 2-4.30 pm.
Representative from EU –Ms. Elnara Abakanova, WhatsApp +77778798787 From AGU –Ms. Aykyn Shalabayeva, WhatsApp 8776 162 5150